Brodir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplay between enemy wolf packs in Norway

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» || OZONE ||
General Information I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 11:35 pm by Rollo

» Work Absence(s)
General Information I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:36 pm by Ghost

» ~ Shimren Mørke Hjertet ~
General Information I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:52 pm by Alana

» Eis ( Ice can take many forms.)
General Information I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:51 pm by Alana

» The Forest/Fjord
General Information I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 pm by Ghost

» Away from home
General Information I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:56 pm by Elthia

» The Forest
General Information I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 12:48 am by Octavia

» Word Evolution.
General Information I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:26 pm by Elthia

» Count to Forty Before a Fólkhagi posts.
General Information I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:26 pm by Elthia

General Information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ragnar
Admin
Ragnar

General Information Empty
PostSubject: General Information   General Information I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 5:20 pm

The wolf is the largest wild dog. It has a strong, well-muscled body and is powerful enough to move and flip a frozen moose carcass. Wolves are capable of running at speeds of 56–64 km (34–38 miles) per hour in bursts of 10 to 20 minutes and can leap as far as 15 feet in a single bound. Their strong legs are capable of jogging indefinitely and wolves often travel great distances following herds. Their jaws and teeth are incredibly tough, capable of creating enough pressure to break through bones. Their muzzles are long and well developed and their ears are pricked up (not 'floppy' like many domestic dogs).

Wolves are covered with thick, dense fur with an under layer of furs (called guard hairs) which helps to protect the wolf against harsh weather and freezing temperatures. These guard hairs generally shed in the spring and grow back in in the autumn. Male and female wolves look very similar, though males are generally larger (on average, 10 pounds heavier). Adult wolves are generally 41–63 inches in length and 32–34 inches at the shoulder. The tail is two-thirds the length of the head and body! Wolf weight tends to vary; on average, European wolves weigh around 38.5 kilograms or 85 pounds. Wolf pelts can range from snowy white to almost black. Wolves generally live up to 9 years in the wild.

Wolves primarily feed on medium to large sized ungulates (hooved animals; sometimes 10–15 times larger than themselves), though they are not fussy eaters. Medium and small sized animals preyed on by wolves include marmots, hares, badgers, foxes, polecats, ground squirrels, mice, hamsters, voles and other rodents, as well as insects. They frequently eat waterfowl (particularly during their moulting period and winter, when their greasy and fatty meat helps wolves build up their fat reserves) and their eggs. When such foods are insufficient, they will prey on lizards, snakes, frogs, rarely toads and large insects. In times of scarcity, wolves will readily eat carrion, visiting cattle burial grounds and slaughter houses.
Back to top Go down
https://brodir-packs.rpg-board.net

General Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brodir :: Lᴀᴡs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀɴᴅ :: Wᴏʟғᴀᴘᴇᴅɪᴀ-
Jump to: